Thursday, January 22, 2009

Fate

There are life lessons and then there is life. There are those who simply refuse to acknowledge existence, denying everything except what they’re supposed to believe and do, and there are those who let life happen and recognize that it is happening. Obviously, this is not an either/or scenario, and many of our thoughts and actions are spent trying to figure out how to balance the two or how the two are balanced or which is which and what is what, etc.

My point is that I’ve had a lot of experiences from which there’s seemingly no information to be culled. A lot of shit happens and then some other shit happens and then we die. There are personal patterns to be found for sure, and broken if desired, but life is random enough that we’re constantly being faced with unique situations, and there’s nothing about these situations which we can know except ourselves, and even someone as introspective as myself finds me (understanding that “me” does not in totality exist) extremely elusive.

I have no idea what’s going to happen tomorrow, and probably nothing that has happened yesterday can prepare me for it. All I can do is choose to float with the current, fight against it or be overcome. Most days I'm fine with that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Life happens, and then there is society to make sure to occasionally gouge one to feel bad about not quite fitting into the legacy of life known as society.
I tend to think there is always information to be culled, constantly. Life lessons? I guess it's a lesson if you want to learn a societal flow pattern, or wish to develop a relationship with a type of recurring pattern. A pattern in this case is to understand how to recreate a hypothetical situation.

Against what current do you wish to fight?

oudev oida said...

constantly culling information sounds tedious to me. even if it's possible, i don't want to waste my life being hung up on trying to learn all the time. some of my most rewarding experiences have come through chance and stupidity.

also, i don't see much sense in trying to recreate a hypothetical situation because it seldom has the same results. i have more luck avoiding hypothetical situations perhaps.

do want examples of battles i tend to fight? my blog is full of them i do believe. or did you want what metaphor I was getting at? in that case: our selves and our society and the circumstances in which we find ourselves relative to these things.