Monday, June 30, 2008

Monotheism

The successful spread of monotheism can exclusively be attributed to the basic premise of monotheism itself, which declares there is only one way that everybody should think, act and behave, and that all other ways of existing are not only wrong, they are evil. This extreme intolerance provides incentive for monotheists to conquer all who do not believe like them in order to re-educate them to align with their ways, which monotheists, in their supreme arrogance, call “salvation.”

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

amen.

Anonymous said...

Um... I think you need more empirical evidence on that one. ;)

Philosophically speaking, principles such as "monotheism" do not cause things or do things, unless you live in an enchanted world where, for example, guns kill people rather than people kill people with guns.

later,

oudev oida said...

your second statement is a Red Herring. I did not make the claim that monotheism causes or does anything. I said it provides incentive, and I stand by that.

oudev oida said...

good hearing from you by the way, my friend. you're on my "overdue to call" list.

Olive Bread said...

so that means you're evil, right?