Sunday, February 8, 2009

Rain Song #1

It gets cold outside
When you're out under the rain
You can feel the teardrops fall
As they land in your palm
And each one has a claim

When it's cold, it's dark
But still we cover our eyes
Sometimes we must see right through them
Right through the rain
And put the stars in the sky

What do you mean I can't get out of the rain?

There must be someplace we can go
So pack your bags for happiness
Maybe we'll escape the storm
I don't want to be alone in this lonely land
Just want to get out to feel
What it's like outside my head
Instead of trapped inside its wheel

I've got a picture I keep inside my head
A thousand colored pics I'm gonna frame
But when the rain pours down inside my mind
It takes it all away

What do you mean I can't get out of the rain?


-Damon McLaughlin

No comments: